Monday, January 10, 2011

I'VE SAID THIS BEFORE, BUT I'LL SAY IT AGAIN...!

Wow, really can't believe yet another week has passed by. Like dad said, it's been a fast week. And a good week. I am loving Hermana Paipa as a companion. She's a lot of fun and always happy. We get along well and laugh a lot. She is always asking questions about the mission in general and really has a desire to learn. As I said, I've seen her progress a ton in these past couple weeks. She told me last night how at times she feels like she is the worst missionary ever. I don't know why she thinks that but i told her I'm pretty sure we all feel like that at one point or another. I think it's the Lords way of keeping us humble and realizing that we really need His help in every way.

We have basically been melting away this past week....because of the heat. It's intense. The humidity on top of the high temperature is what gets me. I think I feel it more this summer being in the city...paved roads, buildings, etc. I think people feel bad for us that we are out walking all day because a member bought us little hand fans to carry around and basically everyone gives us water and juice. In fact, the other day while passing a little store a lady waved us down and gave us little juice boxes. Cute. Well after feeling like we didn't have a ton of solid, progressing investigators we decided to do a special fast this past Sunday and have seen such miracles this week! It's been great! On Wednesday, a big storm was coming in so we decided to go to Rolys house, a member, to borrow her umbrellas. While there she asked if we still visit Cynthia, a 14 year old girl that Hna Machuca and I actually taught a few months back but could never find her again. Anyways, Roly told us that she had seen Cynthia in her house that morning. So, we headed to her house. Cynthia lives with her mom who was baptized 5 years ago but is inactive. They have lived a pretty hard life but are such good, nice people. It was so awesome because before we even could sit down, Cynthia told us how just earlier that afternoon her and her mom were talking about the church and how they should go on Sunday. On top of that, she also said she wants to be baptized. Wow! To have someone say that is like GOLD. They both came to church yesterday and the members were so welcoming and nice to them. It's looks like Cynthia will be baptized on Feb 5th!

One thing I love about this time of year are the mangos. You can't walk two feet without passing a big mango tree. They are EVERYWHERE. The mangos look like colored ornaments hanging on a tree..it's really pretty. There is the Paraguayan mango which is little and yellow, but my fave is the Brazillan mango...they are huge and shades of purple and red....delish!

I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again...I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be in Paraguay. I love the people. I'm grateful to my Heavenly Father for allowing me to be here and share the gospel with them. I wouldn't change my decision to serve a mission for anything. I know it's what the Lord needs me to be doing at this point in my life and I'm happy to do it.

Things are good here. Tomorrow morning we will be having interviews with President Callan which I'm excited about. And then.....working away until next pday. Yes, even on Saturday. :)Know that I love you all. Thank you for everything. You all are awesome and such a great support to me. !Que tengan una semana muy buena! Les escribire hoy en ocho! !Jajejapata!


Famous Paraguayan flower that is everywhere here!


Us with some less active girls

Eating watermelon.

Walking into a jungly entrance into someones house.

New Years Eve dinner with the family Paredes! It was way fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment