Monday, June 28, 2010

"AH, LOVE DULCE!"

"Things are continuing to go good here as well! Dulce was baptized on Friday night. It was great! However, seriously, there is always something that happens on baptism days. At 3pm we received a phonecall from Dulces mom saying how she wanted to postpone the baptism. Our hearts like sank when she told us that. We asked why and she said that she didn´t get paid like she thought she would and didn´t have the money to buy a cake for her baptism. Seriously, Satan works in weird ways to make the people feel bad on such important days. Ugh. However, to make a long story short, we bought a cake and the baptism and everything turned out good! Dulce was so so excited and cute when we went to pick her up on Friday. She´s adorable. It made me think of how Lex will be getting baptized soon! Also, her mom told us that Sunday morning she was super excited for her Confirmation that she woke up at 5 and got all ready for church! Ah, love Dulce!"

"As for others...we´re continuing to teach the discoteca girl, a couple other youth and we´ve found a great family this past week who we´ve taught a few times now. They are awesome and progressing! I´m seriously amazed at how we just keep on finding people to teach. I´ve been in this area for almost 8 months now. Have probably knocked every door. Yet, there are always new people to teach! The Lord leads and guides us daily."

"So, the weather here is like LOCO. Earlier this week I was wearing a scarf and sweater everyday, then it got warm where we were sweating in short sleeved shorts, and just this morning it turned cold again. Oh Paraguay!"

"Funny how you asked about soccer mom and dad. Ya...its definitely soccer season here. Well, basically its always soccer time here! But ya, when theres a big game on on tv...NO ONE wants to listen to us. We´ll straight up ask them what's more important...soccer or to learn more about Christ and His teachings...and usually they say something along the lines like ´´other day´´ as they rush back into their house. People are hardcore soccer fans here for sure!"

"So, my friend sent me quote this past week that I really liked. He said it was from Pres. Eyrings talk and says something along the lines of "when I am drawn away from my Priesthood responsibilites (or really, any church responsibilities) and when my body begs for a rest I remember this phrase, ´Remember Him´. ¨ I have thought a lot about those two words this past week, remember Him. Just this morning I was reading in Mosiah 3 and 4 when King Benjamin is talking to the people about Christ and the Atonement. I really enjoyed it. My mind doesn´t exactly comprehend everything about the Atonement, but I guess that is where our faith comes in. But I do know that Christ knows how we feel. He knows us, what we go through. Everything. And most of all, He is our Savior. He died for us. He went through so much and sacrificed so much. For us. This quote like keeps me going everyday and makes me want to work harder and do better."

"Well, that's basically what has been happening here in Paraguay this past week. This afternoon Hna Potter and I are excited because we are going to go over to the Aquino familys house and teach the mom and her 3 daughters who are around my age to make snickerdoodles!! Yay for that! Then later tonight we have a couple appointments and an FHE planned!"

"Well family. I love you all. And miss you too. I hope you all have a great week!! Any 4th of July plans?? Have a good fourth! ps...really can´t believe its almost July. Wow."

Love you all!
Hermana Sargent

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I needed to read this so much today. Even from Paraguay she amazes me.

    Thank you so much for posting these for all of us!

    ReplyDelete